
As a family we went for a nice bike ride around the neighborhood to enjoy the awesome weather, we came home and almost immediatly we heard Paige screaming like she was being tortured in the backyard we ran out there and she was rolling on the trampoline in agony with a stick next to her. The only witness was our 10 year old neighbor so I asked her what hurt and she said her bum, I did a quick check and saw a little scratch. Jason over reacted just a tad and grabbed her from the tramp I then took a better look and notice blood and lots of it. Jason said let's go to the hospital in the mean time the poor little girl next door was repeating over and over "why did I give her the stick" through her tears. Paige is lucky it's only a scratch a a big bruise she screamed a bit but for the most part she was very brave. So we couldn't get the story out of her until we were in the car to go home. Can you guess??? She was jumping with the stick in one hand next to her and she jumped a little too high and oh yes, I know what your doing right now your squeezing your cheeks together and wincing at the thought of what she did aren't you? She jumped right on the stick and up her bum. So this is our first "emergency" visit for an accident and not a sickness. I must say I stayed much more calm than I expected but Jason well...he needs a little more practice. It was just an abrasion and it will be a big bruise but with the blood we thoughtfor sure there was a laceration...PHEW a $100 co-pay for a scrape I feel like an idiot but I guess when it comes to your kids you'll spend your last dime to make sure they are safe.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh I am so glad she is ok! How scary. We can't wait to see you guys in a week!!
Holy cow, Heather! Guess this happened after I saw you today. I'm glad it wasn't worse, but how scary. I probably would not have been very calm!
That is a story with a moral isn't it?..... Don't let the neighbor kids play in your backyard. Is that not what you got out of this story? I'm glad Paige is OK. Laney misses her.
Wow, yikes! That hurt to think about. I'm really glad that she'll be okay.
Ouch! poor little thing! I am glad she is ok!
Okay hillarious but ouch...poor girl. Glad she is okay! :(
I am glad she wasn't injured worse. That will be a great story for her to tell her kids.
Zach poked his eye while running with a stick and you can bet I've used that bad example many a time....
Post a Comment